By Dustin Rhodes in Recipes Posted November 14, 2023 Tags best,casserole,green beans,recipe,Thanksgiving
This Thanksgiving, surprise your guests with a beloved classic that comes with an unexpected twist. Our Green Bean Casserole, seasoned with the refined flavors of Black Rain and White Rain, now features a surprise crunch that’s sure to delight – toasted almonds.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Black Rain Signature Blend Pepper
- White Rain Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds (the surprise ingredient)
- 1 cup crispy fried onions
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 3 minutes, then plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft. Stir in garlic and mushrooms; cook until mushrooms are golden.
- Sprinkle flour over the mixture, stir and cook for a minute. Gradually pour in broth and cream, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Season the sauce with a pinch of White Rain Sea Salt and a generous grind of Black Rain Pepper.
- Add the green beans to the sauce and stir in half of the toasted almonds.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Top with crispy fried onions and the remaining almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and golden.
Serve this twist on the classic Green Bean Casserole and watch as the table falls silent, save for the satisfied sighs of your loved ones. This Thanksgiving, it’s all about tradition with a sprinkle of surprise.READ MORE